Above The Bar: Stephanie Sturges

When I started doing this, I wanted to make sure that I interviewed a bunch of people who are into a bunch of different things.  The crazy thing is that although this week's interviewee and I have a number of friends and acquaintances in common, I can't say that I've had the pleasure of meeting this young woman in person yet.  What I do know of her is what I've gathered from her posts on Twitter and on Instagram.  We are sure to cross paths one day soon.  She is gorgeous, stylish, witty, sweet, and has a penchant for quoting Jeezy.  What makes this interview different from the others is that it is the first I've done with someone I don't know personally. She has graciously agreed to doing this interview for me, so you and I have the privilege of  learning more about this young lady together.  This Southern girl is bark AND bite.  Excellence is her pedigree. Intrigued?  Of course you are. :-) Here she comes, now!


Stephanie Sturges
25
Atlanta, GA
Salon Manager/ Executive Liaison

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."
-Aurelius

LL:  How long have you been doing what you do for a living?

SS:  I've been managing salons in the Atlanta area for a little over three years.  The work  
        atmosphere is upbeat, yet relaxed and there's rarely a dull moment with so many 
        creative personalities under one roof.  I've also recently teamed up with 
        Etcetera Media Group as an executive liaison.  Be on the lookout for The Yes Ma'ams!

LL:  What are three things you absolutely NEED in order to get through your work day?

SS:   Instagram - I'm a self-proclaimed addict and constantly need visual stimulation!
         
         Coffee - I can't seem to function properly without a shot of caffeine.
        
         Earplugs - Well, that's what I wish I could have, anyway!

LL:  Name your 3 go-to fashion retailers.

SS:   Thrift stores.  I've become addicted to vintage jean shorts, thanks to Freddy To Wear, 
         my friend's line of re-purposed custom denim!
         
         H&M.  I work in a salon, therefore I live in black basics.
        
         Sephora.  Not quite fashion, but because I can't live without mascara or my skincare!


LL:  Name 3 people that have inspired you, and tell us why they do.

SS:  My best friend Maisha, because she has always been fearless when it comes to her goals.
        She set a date, packed up her stuff, and bought a one-way ticket from Nashville to NYC.                          
        She's beautiful, she's worldly, and she's amazing at what she does.  She is definitely an
        inspiration to set goals and attack them.

        Brian Patrick Davis is an amazing friend and even more amazing individual.    
        He inspires me to find and do what I love in life.

        My grandfather, CFH.  He was my superman.  He taught me everything that has gotten me 
        where I am today:  how to read, how to ride a bike, tie my shoes, change a tire, you name it,  
        taught me.  He always told me "endeavor to persevere", so I'll always challenge myself to  
        live up to the expectations he had for me.

LL:  Even if you love your city, tell me 3 things about it that you don't like.

SS:   The traffic!

         The humidity!

         The social segregation - Social settings here are super segregated here and it drives me 
         crazy.
         I miss cities like San Francisco and New York.  You'll find everyone interacting and having
         the best times together!

      

LL:  What are 3 things you've changed your mind about since you became an adult.

SS:  My views on relationships.  Disney movies don't translate into real life!
       
        My mother's parenting.  All the advice and worrying my mother did when I was younger.
        I didn't understand then, but I absolutely do now.

        Independence is not nearly as much fun as it seemed when I was 15.

LL:  Give us 3 reasons why someone would be lucky to have you as a friend.

SS:  I have a magnetic personality

        I'm adventurous

        I have an extremely generous spirit.  When I care for you, there's hardly anything I
        wouldn't do for you.


LL:  What are 3 things you're looking forward to?

SS:  Constant progression

        Living a fulfilling, healthy life.

        Making my mother proud.

LL:  Where is the best dessert in your city?

SS:   My own homemade red velvet cake. 


SERVE, Steph!! <3



Twitter shout-outs:  @maishag @blacksocialite @freddybeezy @borninSkin @kruelNtent @withoutsole

For more on Stephanie Sturges, click the links below:

www.twitter.com/stephaniealaina

www.etceteramediagroup.com

Instagram: stephaniealaina

Check out these sites Stephanie Sturges recommends:

www.borninskin.com

www.absolutebrook.com

www.sidditymisses.bigcartel.com

www.fromme2u.com

Comments

  1. I love your weekly interviews Candice! Keep it up! Stephanie is gorgeous and seems like a lot fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts